Just in time for the holidays, I have been working on this list for several weeks and I think I have it narrowed down to some of my favorites... finally. I have compiled a list of running stuff that I believe are great gift ideas and stocking stuffers for runner family members and friends. Everything here can be squeezed into a stocking, or wrapped as a gift. Price average of everything is around $10 depending on where you shop. Amazon has great deals on most of this stuff, and I have even found some of it for super cheap at TJ MAXX (as surprising as that seems). Please feel free to comment if you think of something I missed, or what you might agree with as some of your favorites. I'd love to hear some input from fellow runners!
- Body Glide. This is amazingly necessary for any form of distance running, or running in humidity. Holy Moly this has been a lifesaver for me on so many occassions. GREAT STOCKING STUFFER. http://www.bodyglide.com/
- Sweet (customizable) Necklace. I bought a matching set of the first one for my mom and I for running a full marathon in the Rock N Roll Marathon series. https://www.etsy.com/listing/83755615/rock-n-roll-race-262-running-jewelry?ref=shop_home_active_2&ga_search_query=rock%2Bn%2Broll
- Vinyl Decals. What runner doesn't want a sticker on their car? If you don't want a permanent sticker, they also sell car magnets! http://www.goneforarun.com/Die_Cut_Vinyl_Decals_s/832.htm
- Bib Coasters. Now these are cool. Last year after completing my first marathon, my mother in law got me one of these for Christmas. This year, she got me another. I now have 2 coasters with my race BIB on them and they are not only great as a keepsake, but a great conversation piece too! Eventually, I hope to have a whole coaster set made of them. http://www.goneforarun.com/Your_Race_Bb_on_Set_of_4_Coasters_BibCOASTERS_p/tr-bibcoaster-bs.htm
- Compression Socks. These are amazing for recovery, and you can't really have too many pairs! I bought this brand "Mojo" and have been very happy with them! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MMR1Q1G/ref=sr_phie=UTF8&qid=1417711616&sr=1&keywords=compression+socks
- Electrolyte re-placers (for distance running, or running in heat). I personally love Nuun. They have a huge variety of flavors and are all natural. Also, pretty inexpensive. You can get 1 tube for about $5-$7 or a 4 pack for closer to $20-$25. You can buy them online or at a local running store/vitamin store. http://www.amazon.com/Mixed-4-Pack-Original-Flavors/dp/B00K6S523Q/ref=sr_1_4?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1417711836&sr=1-4&keywords=Nuun
- Energy Packs. Most people go with GU packs but another alternative is Honey Stinger (an organic option). These make great stocking stuffers! You can buy them online or at a local running store/vitamin store. http://www.amazon.com/HONEY-STINGER-Pomegranate-Organic-Energy/dp/B00IZO0SMI/ref=sr_1_37?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1417711991&sr=1-37&keywords=honey+stinger
- Handheld water bottle. These are a necessity when running in warmer weather or distance running. I personally have the Nathan Vapor Bottle which works great for me, there are a lot of options out there though! http://www.amazon.com/Nathan-Vapor-Bottle-Black-Orange/dp/B009KQ87NC/ref=sr_1_12?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1417712109&sr=1-12&keywords=nathan+handheld+water+bottle
- Headbands. These are great for keeping lose hair out of your face, and let's face it, they're super cute! http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=29756766&camp=CSE:GooglePLA:29756766:17605473:ATHLETIC%20ACCESSORIES&CAGPSPN=pla&CAWELAID=120138600000188703&catargetid=120138600001586800&cadevice=c
- Christmas Ornament. After completing my first marathon my mom bought me a customized running ornament with the date of my marathon. I LOVE it. What a treasure it is to me. They have generic ornaments, or customized ornaments. http://www.goneforarun.com/Running_Ornaments_s/863.htm
- Lights! Knuckle lights, blinky lights or headlamps are all great for runners who sometimes miss the daylight! This is a great gift to help keep your loved one safe.
- Ear Buds. Personally I LOVE Skull candy. They stay in my ears while I'm running, and play my music loud and clear. http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/earbuds/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=sem&utm_campaign=brand&utm_term=skullcandy%20earbuds&utm_content=34_GO_SX_AL_WW_11_00_00_US_000057_000170_000000&gclid=Cj0KEQiAqYCkBRC4xNiSu5-Y-PcBEiQA96OM9IuSjv6zilCT_i3s5BpYUoGpk0nEGn5ORDJc1hZxF0waAt_h8P8HAQ
- Arm Band. Carrying your phone in your hand or pocket is such a pain, these phone carriers are great. Make sure you get one for the type of phone they have (iPhone, Galaxy ect)
- Self-Foot Massagers. These are great ways to help relax your feet after those runs. Easy to use, inexpensive, and so useful. I searched amazon and there are several different kinds on there, I have the two pictured here, they're awesome. http://www.amazon.com/Spacific-6312-Wood-Foot-Roller/dp/B0002Y1C6K/ref=pd_sim_hpc_15?ie=UTF8&refRID=1JCAWE1Q4X9V1FQXCDN9
- Muscle Roller Stick. Pretty self explanatory on why these are so great, but it's nice to be able to rub those tight calves or thighs on your own without needing to bother someone else with it! http://www.amazon.com/Muscle-Roller-Stick-Awesome-Guarantee/dp/B00GTLOUDM/ref=pd_sim_hpc_14?ie=UTF8&refRID=1JCAWE1Q4X9V1FQXCDN9
- SneakerBalls. Let the smell of clean shoes bring a smile to your face. These SneakerBalls are shoe fresheners designed to handle even the smelliest of odors. http://www.runningwarehouse.com/SneakerBalls/descpage-SBM6P.html
- Lip Balm. Wind and cold weather both can cause pretty chapped lips.
- Sports Bra. Might sound like a weird gift to give someone, but there is nothing like a new sports bra, and it is something I seldom treat myself to.
For cold weather climates:
- Gloves. Help your loved one or friend stay warm this winter with some easy to breath, thermo gloves. http://www.amazon.com/Mizuno-Running-Breath-Thermo-Glove/dp/B00DVFMXXS/ref=pd_sim_sg_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=15PZC911BGCRBVFTN1FD
- Arm Warmers. Arm warmers, a.k.a. sleeves, can be both functional and stylish. They are lightweight, easy to scrunch if needed, and available in a growing variety of colors, styles, and themes. http://www.amazon.com/Saucony-90180-Drylete-Arm-Warmers/dp/B005GYNKT8/ref=pd_sim_sg_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=15PZC911BGCRBVFTN1FD
- Beanie/Headwarmer. When out running keep your head and ears warm with a cute headwarmer or beanie. http://www.runningwarehouse.com/ASICS_Thermopolis_LT_2-N-1_Headwarmer_Lite-Show/descpage-ATLT2HL.html