Thursday, December 25, 2014

Gifts "Customized Medal Hanger" and "Road ID"

First, I want to start by wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas! This is my most favorite time of year. It is all about family, and thinking about other people (gift giving). I love the holiday spirit, and I really love the holiday themed runs!

My husband got me a personalized Road ID bracelet. I say personalized because he purchased charms "badges" that hook onto it. The bracelet that has my information, emergency contact numbers and he listed my medicine allergies. Such a thoughtful gift! Something to keep me safe while I'm out running, and looks super cute too. He bought me two 26.2 badges for my 2 marathons I have ran, one that says "shut up legs" and one for breast cancer awareness. I love it! I can't wait to add more charms around the band. My picture doesn't do it justice but it was the best I could do with my cell phone this morning.
You can find these awesome bracelets here. Use code "TAF5P5ZFF2W" or "TAF5RVV9X95" for a $1 off discount! (please comment if you use them so I can remove, they are only good once each ;)
http://www.roadid.com/default.aspx

I received the coolest Christmas present from my grandpa. He made me a medal holder to display all my running medals from. Let me repeat that, he MADE it for me. Custom built specially for me by his own two hands. How cool is that? It has a shelf on the top so I can put different trophies and my bibfolio on the shelf so everything is together. It is perfect. I am so excited to get all my medals out of the back of my closet and out where I can see them. I hung it on the wall in front of my treadmill, this way when I am feeling discouraged I will have something to remind me of how much I have done, and what I have accomplished.

This is the greatest keepsake for me. It blends two of the things I love most in life, family & running. What a sentimental gift this is. Thank you grampa.


What do you hang your medals on? Do you have a display of some sort or are they in the back of a closet like mine were?

No comments:

Post a Comment