Wednesday, October 1, 2014

6 weeks left till the big day!

I have only a few more long runs before my taper begins! My mom recently decided to start training (7 weeks before the full marathon... she's crazy). I am so excited for her to run it. It's been nice to have someone to relate with after long runs, sore muscles and mental fatigue of running 15-20 miles at a time. Anyway, I'm on track to beating last years time and couldn't be more excited. I have been super tired lately and more sore than I should be, I might be fighting off all those back to school colds! I have been disinfecting everything like crazy!  I bought a few new products to try "Nuun" electrolyte replacer because I have crashed pretty hard after my last long runs (physically shut down and had a really difficult time trying to rehydrate myself). Hoping that will help, along with some new "Stinger" chewables for during my run. Also really watching my daily food and drink choices to see if that makes a difference.

 So this week
Day 1: 19 miles
Day 2: off
Day 3: 2 miles
Day 4: 5 miles
Day 5: 10.5 miles
Day 6: off
Day 7: 7 miles (rolling hills)

My long runs I have been feeling pretty good, I have only a few more to go and I'm done. I'm getting more and more excited. The worst part of this month, giving up my glass of wine! No more wine until after marathon day, gonna have to stick to water and shakology!



No comments:

Post a Comment