Sunday, July 6, 2014

Week 1 Day 2 Marathon Training...

Officially just completed Week 1 Day 2 of my 4hr Marathon training Plan. 5 miles at marathon goal pace (9:09 min mile). I got a late start this morning which means I ran 5 miles starting at 10am, 86 degrees and 80% humidity. Yeow! It was H-O-T hot! I figure it's good  practice for me running in extreme temperatures will only make me a better faster runner when it's cooler out right?

I'm a little nervous about attempting to run a marathon in under 4 hours... I feel like I'm a little crazy for even believing it's possible! I ran the Rock N Roll Savannah 26.2 last year (my 1st Marathon) and did it in 4:16:32, I trained to complete it in 4:30. That is what I keep reminding myself that I beat my goal time by almost 15 minutes which is INCREDIBLE. That makes me think if I train correctly, and consistently I might be able to do this.

Being a mom with 3 small kids and having a husband who works 60-70 hours a week makes the consistent part difficult though. Training for a marathon is certainly a lot of sacrifice and hard work. But man, running up that finish shoot completing that 26.2 miles is the single most amazing feeling ever. That will keep me going... I hope!


No comments:

Post a Comment