Wednesday, March 31, 2010

ChickPea Patties!!

So for lunch today I thought I would get creative! Jessalynne was able to help me, which is always fun, we made a chickpea (garbanzo bean) patty on a whole wheat sandwich thin with vegetables! It was actually, surprisingly flavorful and yumm-o! For the whole sandwich it was only around 220 calories too which is amazing since it was filling and good!! It was a good source of protein, potassium (over 200mg), antioxidants (the tomato & avacado), and I'm sure other good stuff too! But I'm new to actually paying attention to this stuff ;)
I put lettuce, tomato, pickle, cucumber, 1 slice of avacado and mustard on mine! It would have been good with some chips on it... because I LOVE chips on my sandwiches but I refrained from it... yay for me lol.

The only thing I will probably do different next time I make them, is I think I will add an egg white to it to help hold it together better. It was really crumbly and fell apart when trying to flip it, and eat it! But as far as the texture and flavor went, they were right on! Jessalynne helped me eat it - she tried to take my whole sandwich from me! lol. Silly girl!

Makes a good lunch or dinner. I think I will eat one of the other patties in a wrap tomorrow for lunch. Chloee is eating part of one now for lunch and she is scarfing it! lol. Turned out to be a pretty good recipe, I'm so excited! If you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them :)





Chickpea Patties
1- 15 oz can chickpeas/garbanzo beans, rinsed
1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley (or about 2 1/2 tbls dried parsley)
1 clove of garlic (or 2 tbls minced garlic)
1/2 tsp Cumin
1/4 tsp each, salt & pepper
2 tbls whole wheat flour
Virgin Olive Oil/Cooking Spray

Blend together all ingredients (except flour & oil) in a food processor (or magic bullet). Form pattys and dust each with flour. Cook in greased skillet/frying pan on medium/high heat about 2-3 minutes on each side until done.

Made 4 pattys at roughly 95 calories each.

Yum yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment